Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Domino's Just Arrived

"I'm on my way, I'm on my way, home sweet home, tonight, tonight, I'm on my way, I'm on my way, home sweet home..." -Motley Crue- (Home Sweet Home)

The Domino's just arrived - the move is officially over...  ;)  One mushroom and one pepperoni people - nom, nom, nom...  :D  If you'd do me a favor and close your eyes for a moment (c'mon, just close your eyes)...  Well, I guess if you close your eyes, you can't read what I'm typing right now..., but if you just take a second to imagine almost everything that I own sitting in the middle of my apartment, that's EXACTLY what it looks like right now...  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. after just over 4 hours of sleep, packed the vehicle, and got my keys at 9:00 a.m.  I got a call from the Time Warner tech at just after 10 a.m. saying that he was running early, and he asked me if he could move our appointment up - okay, twist my arm.  Having brought my equipment with me from San Marcos, and having literally unplugged it from the walls right before I left, the cords were still in everything (modem, computer, t.v.).  My cable and internet were up and running by 10:30 a.m., a half-hour before my 11:00 - 12:00 window was supposed to BEGIN...  :D  I returned to San Marcos and filled out the paperwork to disconnect my utilities, stopped at Burger King (I eat well when I move), and then I returned to the apartment and took a one-hour nap since I was ahead of schedule and already tired.  Flight 2 departed from San Marcos at 2:00 p.m., and I arrived back in Austin, unloaded, and returned to San Marcos at about 5:00 p.m.  At this point I took another nap because I was tired AND hot (you should see my left arm, the one that the sun hit all day in my non air-conditioned vehicle)...  The forecast high was 102 degrees - I'm betting that it probably got there...  After I woke up I borrowed my friend George's truck to move my mattress (in unrelated news, Bobcat Nation will be mentioned several times in the coming months in this blog), and I returned to San Marcos from that round trip at 9:00 p.m.  I loaded my vehicle for the last time, cleaned the apartment a little bit more (Lindsey, my apartment isn't the most pristineiest - it's a word..., well..., probably not..., that I've ever left it, but I'd still put it up against most tenants that you check out)...  :)  Thank you again so much George and Lindsey!  I returned to Austin at about 11:40 p.m., called Domino's at 11:43 p.m., and right after I finished unloading my stuff for the last time today, my pizza arrived at 12:07 a.m.  What did you do today?  :)

I hope that you have a great day, and I'll see you Tuesday night with my first 'Could You?' from the ATX...

No comments:

Post a Comment