Sunday, August 4, 2013

No Excuses

"On the road again..., just can't wait to get on the road again..."
-Willie Nelson- (On The Road Again)

"I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs.  When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike..."  -Willie Nelson-




Good afternoon everyone.  Well, there's no room for me to make excuses and not be ready for the move tomorrow.  Today's t.v. lineup features 'The Break Up' (just started), 'The Karate Kid' (the new one, at 2:00), RV at 5:00 (I've never seen it, but it has Robin Williams in it), and then..., AND THEN..., AHHHH..., the very first preseason football game of the year, featuring the Dallas Cowboys and the Miami Dolphins at 7:00.  Now that the commuting is over, I just can't wait to get on the road again...  Tomorrow will entail making 3 or 4 San Marcos/Austin round trips (well, the last trip won't be round), and then I'll be in my new place.

Since I've got all of this great background t.v. noise to work to today (Aniston's brother is just starting to sing "The Owner of a Lonely Heart"), let me procrastinate a little more by talking to you instead of cleaning or packing...  Last night I successfully gave away my 'Ollie' couch and loveseat to some of my friends from Harper's, who were kind enough to stop by on short notice to take possession of the furniture.  Thanks to Adam, Kerry, and Scott for coming by to pick up the pieces at about 4:00 in the morning, and thanks to Ollie for furnishing the homes of more of the hardworking people in San Marcos, America...

Of course finding a home for the furniture on such short notice (having JUST BARELY signed my lease up in Austin on April 25th...) meant that I had to go to the Square last night (darn my bad luck)...  After briefly checking-in at a very hot and busy Harper's/Slackers/The Veranda last night (where I did accomplish talking to Kerry and Adam about my soon-to-be homeless furniture), I made my way over to the Barfish Lounge where I ran into the beautiful Lindsey and the beautiful Bianca (and that's the Square for you - I'm walking around in cargo shorts and sneakers while this duo is dressed up and looking awesome). Also, I'm not just complimenting these two because I knocked Bianca's phone out of her hand (oops) or because Lindsey gave me a beer when I returned to Harper's...  :)  After Lindsey and Bianca gave me the opportunity to whine SOME MORE about having to actually MAKE THE MOVE up to Austin (where Lindsey chimed-in about seeing all of my posts/tweets about commuting - and yes, I've used SEVERAL OUTLETS other than the blog to cry about the three weeks of commuting and my impending move), then the beautiful Rhiannon bought me a beer.  As I drank my beer and watched the beautiful Rhiannon and the beautiful Lauren serving customers, I doubted that there could have been two more friendly and attractive bartenders working side-by-side anywhere in San Marcos at the moment, as I wondered why Barfish wasn't more busy...  NOTE:  Everything that you just read above was typed just after 12:00 p.m., and evidently sleeping until 9:00 a.m. wasn't enough this morning, because I just took a nap that lasted until FOUR P.M....  :)  So now that I'm well-rested (I sure hope so), let me finish this up so that I can get to work.  After giving my friends Lauren and Rhiannon goodbye hugs (because Austin is a whole 30 miles away you know), I went back to Harper's (where Lindsey gave me that aforementioned beer), and then my friend Brian bought me a beer (evidently people were really happy that I was going to be moving)...  ;)  And yes, this was followed by my friend Sam getting me a beer (maybe the long nap means that I just can't keep up anymore???).  :)

Well, I'm hoping that the next time that I see you here will be tomorrow night, in a post that I'm typing from my new place in the ATX.  We'll see how well the moving goes tomorrow...  Enjoy your football tonight and I'll see you (I hope) again tomorrow!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment