Monday, August 19, 2013

Demons

"You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war, you and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door, you and I get so damn dysfunctional, we start keeping score, you and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more..." -Maroon 5- (One More Night)

"How do you feel when there is no coffee?  Depresso..." -Leanne Calderon- (via facebook)

"Your eyes, they shine so bright, I want to save that light, I can't escape this now, unless you show me how..., when you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide..." -Imagine Dragons- (Demons)



Good morning everyone.  Actually, it's late Sunday night right now, so these fantasy baseball standings may change just a little bit, but I'm sure that you'll forgive me...


League 1  (25 entry fee - 1st place/125, 2nd place/25)

1)  DraftDodgers                           73.50 (Leader in a close race)
2)  Neshanic                                70.50 (It's been these two for quite some time)
3)  Buschleaguers                        65.00 (Okay, these three...)  :)
8)  The View From Bikini Hill         44.00 (Poor tribute to the original name of this blog)


League 2 (40 entry fee - 1st place/300, 2nd place/50)

1)  Breaking Bats                          82.00 (All season long...)
2)  4troublemakers                        76.50 (More of a true two-team race)
3)  Muchos Bravos                        69.00 (Still has time...)
5)  The Bikini Hill Bobcats             50.50 (I'd say my chances are 50/50 - Ba dump, ching!)


League 3 (40 entry fee - 1st place/300, 2nd place/50)

1)  Nappy Heads                           69.00 (Has a lot of company...)
2)  jonnylove7                                64.00 (Within striking distance)
3)  Pittsburg Crawfords                  63.50 (1/2 a point from the $$$...)
4)  The Bikini Hill Nine                   62.00 (Maybe???)


Well, if you're rooting for me to win some money, League 3 is definitely the league to watch, and my pitching staff has plenty of starts this week.  Weaver, Lynn, Corbin, Medlen, and Arroyo all have two starts, while Kershaw and Scherzer are also starting a game each for my squad.  Stay tuned...


OBVIOUSLY, the 'Demons' title of this post refers to the fact that I'll be giving you my predictions on football games soon...  If you haven't done so already, please scroll down to my '2013 Football Predictions' entry from Friday and give it a read.  That entry took some time to get together and I was hoping that it would be viewed at least 500 times over the weekend.  As things stand, it's been read almost 400 times now...  I'm not asking that you put any credence in it, but at least read it...  :)

Speaking of reading, this made me laugh last night...  As I was scrolling through my facebook newsfeed, I read the following:  "Monica has added two books (to the list of books she's read) - 'To Kill A Mockingbird' and 'Green Eggs and Ham'..."  :D  And don't get me wrong..., I love Monica to death and I've also read both of these books, but when they came up in this combination, I couldn't stop myself from laughing...  Of course it started me thinking that I should just begin listing odd pairs of books on my facebook account just for kicks...  "Coach has just added two books..., "War & Peace" and "See Spot Run..."  And then a week later..., "Coach has just added..., "A Tale of Two Cities" and "Curious George..."  Yes, I have no life...  ;)

Okay, I did have a little life this weekend...  On Friday I actually took the last trip that I'll make for a while to San Marcos.  Some friends of mine held the grand opening for Louie's Oyster House & Beer Garden over the weekend, and people just would not stop posting facebook statuses about the "soft opening" that was held on Thursday, so off I went on Friday night...  Okay, I just looked at the Texas State football schedule again, and it seems that a lot of the kickoffs are at 6:00 p.m., so I may be using the term "a while" loosely...  Anyway, deciding that I would make this trip at the last minute (9:00 p.m.), I arrived too late to get any food, but all of the reviews that I've heard about the place have been great, plus I got to hang out with my friends James, Ollie, Joey, and my new friend Sara.  Sara is one of those MANY PEOPLE that I have talked about here in the blog before...  I've seen her like A HUNDRED TIMES over at Harper's, and she knew me, and knew that I was 'Coach', but I had no idea what her name was.  Well, problem solved now...  And as for Joey..., well..., it's as if I was sent to San Marcos on a mission, as I soon discovered that Joey was contemplating whether or not to play fantasy football...  "Oh, you HAVE TO PLAY..., it makes ALL OF THE GAMES INTERESTING, even games that you would usually have no rooting interest in...  You'll either have someone on 1 of the 2 teams, or you'll be rooting against someone..."  It's like the NFL should be paying me a commission for promoting fantasy football...  Oh, and Joey DID DECIDE that he would join a league, and had already paid his entry fee by the time that I left San Marcos on Friday night...  Oh..., what???  I forgot to tell Joey about the heartache of playing, the misery of injuries, deciding who he should play each week, and what it feels like to lose when your team was "projected" to win by FORTY points...  Oh well...  :)

From Louie's I made my way across the street to the Veranda, where I found that my friend and former Bobcat football standout Tim had TAKEN OVER my perch and the end of the bar, but we started chatting football and I confirmed his commitment to help me out as a guest celebrity here in the blog in the near future, so all was forgiven...  From there I made my way down to Slackers, where first my friend Amy, who was shortly followed by our friend Mo, both took a minute to recognize me and realize that I was actually down in San Marcos..., but again, all was quickly forgiven as we made our way..., RIGHT BACK UP to the Veranda...  :)  I also confirmed the current operating hours for Louie's (11:00 a.m. to midnight) for many people since I was actually one of the first people (relatively speaking) to have been there (since Friday was only their second day of business).  Oysters and shrimp and crawfish and onion rings and liquor and too many kinds of beer to count are among the things that are on the menu my friends...  :)

That being said, I'm going to grab something to eat and call it a night.  Have a good one and I'll see you again on Tuesday!
          









No comments:

Post a Comment